Wednesday 28 July 2010

いちばん/First: the Cliche'

Tuesday, 27 July 2010

I honestly wish it was somewhere unusual or out of character for me to write (and in tonight's extreme phase - start off a blog) when pushed in the corner of not being able to sleep at 4 in the morning. Unfortunately, it's not. The reason i'm awake, unlike other writers/bloggers - who would attribute the same to a deep sense of existential angst - is mundane: I took a long and indulgent nap earlier in the day - the price of which was and is the present sleepless moment. I think I would try playing bass, but setting up and finally playing an electric double bass, are both cumbersome and noisy activities. I would try writing music, but dragging out the keyboard is much the same. Besides, the only thing that would come out is crap-single-motif-pop-techno.

Including the one I am working with, there are - amongst other things - two laptops in this room. Both laptops are plugged with wireless internet plug-ins and both  plug-ins are equipped with strobing blue lights - the purposes of which, are to indicate whether they are busy/in range of a service tower or completely fucked, the works basically. That doesn't matter to me much, but what does matter to me, is the sci-fi movie vibe that takes over the minute I turn the lights out. Picture a room lighting up in alternate sections with a blue hue. It's kinda cool. Strobes always remind me of the wings of an airplane.

Maybe for the sake of a first post - a nutshell introduction is appropriate. I'm a 22 year old with a great sleep cycle.

   More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment